Saturday, August 16, 2014

Metalouse Shawl from Knit Nirvana - Done!

It's done!

I'll be honest--those final rows were killers.  In fact, I ran out of the main color and had to fudge the final instructions to substitute the contrasting color earlier than directed.  This project has challenged me from the first stitch, but I have prevailed.

I wish I could say I'm going to wear it tomorrow, but it's not a light shawl and it's 98 degrees at my current location.  It's accessory debut will have to wait.  But as art?  It can be appreciated right now.   The colors are truly striking--and yes, they still say "Easter" to me, but I NEED an Easter shawl, so that's not a problem.

It does shed a fair amount.  I was wearing a black shirt as I finished the knitting, and when I stood up, my son looked at me and said, "It looks like you've been attacked by cats."  I am rather furry, but I'm hoping much of that is temporary.

All in all, this shawl has been quite an adventure--and isn't that really the point?  Thanks, Knit Nirvana, for sending me on this colorful, challenging, charismatic adventure!

No comments: