Saturday, February 7, 2015

Alexandra Scarf from Gauge Knits - Day 5

What a difference! And BIG news!

Had I realized how much “internalizing” the pattern for this scarf so that I could work from memory would make, I’d have done it much earlier!  Not having to constantly count stitches or refer back to the paperwork changed my entire experience of knitting this scarf.  It went faster, and was much more pleasant.  I feel like the second half the the yarn has just flown through my fingers.  Tedium?  Gone.  Motivation?  Returned.

Just when I think knitting has no more to teach me, I find out how wrong I am.

Now, I have an exciting announcement to make!

A few posts ago, I told you my monthly “Authors Who Knit” feature would shift to “Readers Who Knit,” allowing you to meet some Allie fans and their needlework.  I’m pleased to announce that thanks to promotional sponsorship by Cascade Yarns, each reader featured will receive TEN hanks of Cascade 220 and a Cascade clear tote bag in addition to an Allie book for themselves and a friend.  That’s enough to make a whole sweater, DestiKNITters!


Allie books are nice, being featured is spiffy, but FREE YARN and lots of it?  Well that just takes the cake!  There are only seven spots left, so if you were thinking of applying to be a featured reader, send an email to allie@alliepleiter.com soon!

No comments: