Saturday, May 16, 2015

Celtic Princess Braided Scarf from Yarn & Thread Expressions - Day 4

Dedication...

This is going to take some dedication.  Two to three repeats of cables every day means almost an hour of knitting.  Some days that’s easy to get in.  Others take a little more willpower and ingenuity.  

I’m traveling right now and I keep bringing it with me everywhere I go, hoping to get some knitting time in, but it’s not working out the way I planned.  Were this simple garter stitch instead of a cable I keep botching (I had to take out three rows again just last night!), I could grab half a row here, half a row there.  Not this project--this pattern seems to need my complete attention.  That makes it harder to fit my knitting time in while doing this author gig thing.


The longer I work with this color, the more pleased I am with my choice.  It’s a bright red—who can’t love a color named “Maraschino”?  A red scarf simply declares you to the world in a way no other accessory can.  I am reminded of one of my favorite novels, Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus, in which the devotees of the titular circus wore red scarves to identify themselves to other fans.  Another round of life imitating art, I suppose. 

No comments: