Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November Reader Who Crochets: Anaida Morales

We don't just feature readers who knit, DestiKNITions also loves to hang out with readers who crochet!  This month we get to do just that--DestiKNITters, say hello to Anaida Morales.

Anaida, what's on your hook right now?
Right now I am crocheting a new scarf for the coming winter days.

What feels like your favorite/greatest crocheting accomplishment?
I am an intermediate crocheter. So, I feel that being able to crochet a nice looking doily has been my favorite. I've also made baby blankets that have turned out just like the picture. :)

What feels like the worst crocheting mistake/foible/wrong choice youve ever made?
My choice of yarn was not great at the very beginning. Later, I started reading about the different kinds of yarn in order to pick the best for a particular project.

Metal or wood needles?
I like the metal crochet needles best.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate

Coffee or tea?
Coffee

Whats your favorite Allie novel?

What are you reading now?
Amor Redentor (Spanish version of Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers)



Do you have a favorite needleworking character from a book, movie, or television show?
Agathy Christie's Miss Marple


Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:
It's a bit of a drive for me, but I really like  
Sheep's Clothing Knitting Supply
60 West Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN 46383

Anaida chose a copy of Masked by Moonlight for herself and Family Lessons for her friend.  Thanks to our sponsors at Cascade, she also gets a nice big batch of Cascade 220 and a nifty totebag, too!  If you'd like to be featured on Readers Who Knit and get similar spiffy prizes for yourself, send an email to me at allie@alliepleiter.com for instructions.

No comments: