Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November Authors Who Knit: Lyn Cote

I've sat on several panels with Lyn, met her at several conferences, and we've written for the same publisher, but I only recently learned we have a knitting connection.  Naturally, I invited her to come over and visit.  Here she is:


What’s on your needles right now?
I'm knitting a little girl's turtle neck sweater in shades of rose and maroon.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?
My sister in law loves the curly yarn shawls I knit her. She wears them out. That gives me a great feeling. I just made a unique shrug for her. 

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?
Oh, I don't talk about those! But if you insist, I once spent months knitting myself a sweater and then when I tried it on--UGH.  

Straight or circular needles?
I like both for different types of knitting.

Metal or wood needles?
No preference.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
ALL THREE AND LOTS OF EACH!

Coffee or tea?
Coffee in the morning. Decaf iced tea the rest of the day. (Do you see a pattern here? I like variety!)

Have you written a knitting character? 
My historical heroines often have to knit for their families. The heroine I'm writing now, Blessing an anti-slavery Quaker in 1820 Ohio, is knitting socks for her new deaf foster son, Caleb.

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book?
That I had a hissy fit when I visited Pepin, WI on the Mississippi River, researching the site for the book. We stopped at a cafe on the river and looked at the menu. We would have ended up spending nearly $50 for lunch. We got up and walked out. Sheesh....

Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:

Hidden Talents 
9404 Country Road J 
Woodruff, WI 54568 

DestiKNITters, you can check out Lyn's current release, Their Frontier Family or visit Lyn's website and blog

1 comment:

Lyn Cote said...

Thanks for having me, Allie!