Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June Authors Who Knit: Teri Wilson

It's time to meet another author who loves our craft.  DestiKNITters, meet Teri Wilson!

Teri, what’s on your needles right now?
Right now I’m knitting a chunky scarf on big number 17 needles using a ‘magic ball’ of yarn. It’s really just a bunch of different yarns tied together. You can’t see what’s on the inside of the ball, so the whole scarf is a surprise.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?
I’ve only been knitting a year and a half. Learning to knit was my New Year’s resolution for 2012. I took a beginning knitting class that January, and I’ve since taken intermediate knitting and lace knitting. My favorite thing I’ve knitted is a lacy white shawl, done with soft cotton yarn with silver sequins sprinkled throughout. You can probably tell by now that I’m all about unique yarns. 

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?
Once I got a project so tangled up that I had to take it to the yarn store for help. The poor owner of the store spent over half an hour fixing the mess I’d made.

Straight or circular needles?
Straight. I even make my fingerless gloves on straight needles.

Metal or wood needles?
Wood. I’ve never even tried metal ones.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
This is clearly a trick question. All three.

Coffee or tea?
I love both, and drink both almost every day. But if I could only have one for the rest of my life, I’d pick coffee. Because hello…I’m a writer. 

Have you written a knitting character? 
Knitting features heavily in my most recent book, ALASKAN HERO. My heroine belongs to her church knitting group and eventually ends up knitting a hat that saves her life. How it saves her is a secret. You have to read the book to find out. 

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book?
In the opening scene of ALASKAN HERO, the heroine first encounters the hero…and he’s wearing a grizzly bear costume, complete with shaggy bear head.

Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:
I love YARNIVORE in San Antonio! (What a great name, right?!) 
Address: 2357 NW Military Hwy
San Antonio, TX 78231
(210) 979-8255

Thanks for visiting, Teri.  If you'd like to visit Teri's website and learn more about her books, click here.  You can also follow her here on Twitter.



No comments: