Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July Authors Who Knit: Marsha A. Moore

It's time to meet this month's author who knits. DestiKNITters, say hello to Marsha A. Moore!

Marsha, what’s on your needles right now? 
I’m currently finishing up a small shawl, Jig by Annie Claire, with a pretty scalloped shape. I have a large shawl, the November Ruffle Wrap I’m doing in Madeline Tosh pashmina, waiting patiently for me from a few months ago. Also, I have the last humongous ruffle border rows to finish on a lovely Milk Run Shawl. That will be so welcome this fall. And I’m about to start a Gaia shrug that I need to go with a few dresses I’ll wear on vacation in late August.

I used to do one project at a time until I started publishing. Now, I find having numerous projects of different difficulties or sizes is better to meet whatever free time opens up. I’ve always had at least one active project going during the last thirty years, no matter what else life brings.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment? 
When we lived in NW Ohio, I made many sweaters with intricate cables. They aren’t of much use here in Tampa other than for an occasional cold night, but I can’t part with them and keep them stored safely in two cedar chests.

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made? 
I made a shrug that was double-stranded with mohair and viscose yarns. The viscose yarn snagged and misbehaved so much that I thought I’d never get the project finished. I did survive. But never again.

Straight or circular needles? 
Both. I like 14-inch straights because I can prop one needle against my thigh and work faster. Lately I’ve made a series of shawls and become quite attached to working with Addi-Turbo long lace tips circulars.

Metal or wood needles? 
Either.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate? 
Dark chocolate.

Coffee or tea? 
Definitely tea. I have at least fifty varieties.

Have you written a knitting character? 
No, but I have a character who knits planned for my new series called Coon Hollow Coven Tales. The first book, The Witch’s Moonstone Locket, will release in late autumn.

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book? 

That a book about yoga could be scary.

Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store: 
I’m sad to say that my favorite local yarn store, Knit n’ Knibble, in Tampa, is closing this month. I have yet to find a new favorite.

If you're on Ravelry, you can connect with Marsha at MarshaAMoore.  To learn more about Marsha and her books, visit her website.

No comments: