Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December Authors Who Knit: Lena Nelson Dooley


I don't know about you, but I've had great fun this year meeting writers and other publishing professionals and having them share their knitting faves with us.  

To wrap up this first year of "Authors Who Knit," I've invited Lena Nelson Dooley.  Here are Lena's responses to our now time-honored set of questions:

What’s on your needles right now?
I have a crib-sized baby blanket on the needles right now.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?
Several years ago, I designed and knitted three different dresses for myself.

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?
Trying to knit a lace cape. With the very fine yarn, I made a mess of it.

Straight or circular needles?
Circular, if possible.

Metal or wood needles?
I actually use both.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Dark, without a doubt.

Coffee or tea?
The only beverage of this type I drink is green tea, both hot or iced.

Have you written a knitting character?
You know, I haven’t. Maybe I should. 

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book?
This is a hard one. I don’t usually kill off a character, but I did in Mary’s Blessing.

Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:
The last few years, I have been buying most of my things from KnitPicks:

You can visit Lena and learn more about her books at her website.

5 comments:

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Thank you for having me. Sorry to take so long to get here. I was running out of ink for my printer, so we headed to Sam's to get some more. There was construction on the way, so we have been gone more than four hours, instead of maybe half an hour. At one place, it took us two hours to go about two miles. Not a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I enjoyed it

Jody said...

Great post and fun. Can't knit, but I love to crochet. I think you have to be smart to knit, :).

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this as I knit also. Just at the very simple level. I do think you should incorporate some knitting into some of your books. Blessings & Merry Christmas, Susan Fryman

Allie Pleiter said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!